As part of the Club’s policy of serving the local community, St.Helens R.F.C. is aware that its players are perceived as role models within our community.
Players will be available to make appearances on behalf of schools, not for profit organisations and community events.
Each appearance will last a maximum of one hour and external organisations will be limited to one appearance per calendar year.
Selected players are available for appearances from January to the end of August during the Super League season however certain days will not be available due to training and playing commitments. These unavailable days can change from week-to-week however the normal routine is that appearances are not available the day before, or after a game.
In order for appearances to be beneficial for all parties involved and to assist in the selection of appearances the following criteria will apply to all requests:
- There needs to be a clear role for players at the appearance.
- All appearances must ensure that the maximum number of people are influenced by the visit (an entire school assembly rather than classroom).
- Each organisation is limited to one appearance per calendar year.
- The requests must not be activity based.
- The requests must last up to a maximum of one hour.
- All appearances are subject to Club approval and cannot be guaranteed. If your request is rejected the Club will not enter into long and protracted reasons as to why it has been so.
In order to be considered, ALL appearance requests must be submitted in the following manner:
- All requests must be submitted at least four weeks prior to the date of the appearance
- All requests must be submitted in writing on your organisation’s letterhead
- All requests must be accompanied by an Appearance Request Form which must be completed in its entirety – incomplete forms will not be considered
- All requests should be mailed to the following address: Mike Appleton, St Helens RFC, Langtree Park, McManus Way, St Helens, WA9 3AL.
To download an Appearance Request Form see below.
AS part of the Club’s policy of serving the local community, St Helens R.F.C. are pleased to support not for profit organisations via the donation of Saints’ tickets.
We recognise the importance of all charities and voluntary organisations and realise that we have a social responsibility to support where possible the fundraising efforts of these organisations.
The Club receives many thousands of requests for signed merchandise each year and, whilst supporting as many charities as possible, are simply unable to assist everyone.
On a national level we are currently working with a number of charities on an on-going programme of activity and we are active supporter of Rugby League Cares.
This season we will also be making contributions to the Benevolent Funds of the RAF, Navy and Army as well as Help For Heroes and the ABF. We also support several projects in Africa and threw our weight behind Sport Relief.
On a local level, within the Merseyside region, we support many community projects within schools, youth groups, amateur sports clubs as well as charities such as CALM for the support of young men. We also make regular donations to Whiston Hospital Children’s ward as part of our Lottery as well as Zoe’s Place, Alder Hey Hospital and Clatterbridge and Macmillan. We are very closely linked to the Steve Prescott Foundation.
If you require a donation then our policy is:
- Under no circumstances will cash donations be considered.
- Memorabilia will only be considered in very special circumstances.
- Donation requests focusing on the development of Rugby League or the support of activities benefiting young people will be given preferential treatment.
- Each organisation is limited to one donation per calendar year (unless otherwise agreed).
- The donations cannot benefit specific individuals or families.
- All donations are subject to club approval and are not guaranteed. If your request is rejected the Club will not enter into long and protracted reasons as to why it has been so.
In order to be considered, ALL donation requests must be submitted in the following manner:
- All requests must be submitted at least four weeks prior to the date of the event.
- All requests must be submitted in writing on your organisation’s letterhead.
All requests should be mailed to Ste Leonard, St Helens RFC, The Totally Wicked Stadium, McManus Way, St Helens, WA9 3AL or via [email protected]