JON Wilkin has been named in the Frontline Index Team For Round 3 of Engage Super League.
He tallied 807 points in the index in the defeat to Warrington.
Player of the Round was Kevin Sinfield.
Despite being on the losing side, the loose forward amassed 987 index points for his contribution in last Friday’s 36-26 defeat by Harlequins RL. He made 151 metres in possession, three clean breaks, two try assists and 25 tackles for the Rhinos to knock Saints’ James Roby off top spot for this week.
Points are calculated from every action made by players, every involvement is given a points value depending on the importance and frequency of the action. For example a try would be the highest scoring value, with actions such as tackles and carries scoring smaller values. Mistakes such as handling errors or penalties conceded would incur negative values.
At the end of a match, all the players’ actions will be added together to give a game score. The 13 individuals with the highest scores in each position on the field of play will earn inclusion in the Frontline Index Team of the Week with the highest scoring individual earning the Frontline Index Player of the Week title.
The player with the single most outstanding performance during the regular season will win the Frontline Index and be presented with a £1,000 cheque at the 2011 Engage Super League Man of Steel dinner.
Frontline Index Team of the Round
1. Clinton Schifcofske (Crusaders) 684
2. Damien Blanch (Catalan Dragons) 451
3. Tony Clubb (Harlequins RL) 581
4. Michael Platt (Bradford Bulls) 482
5. Shaun Ainscough (Bradford Bulls) 436
6. Kevin Sinfield (Leeds Rhinos) 987
7. Luke Gale (Harlequins RL) 780
8. Andy Lynch (Bradford Bulls) 646
9. Ian Henderson (Catalan Dragons) 759
10. Paul Wood (Warrington Wolves) 625
11. Steve Menzies (Catalan Dragons) 732
12. Craig Fitzgibbon (Hull FC) 664
13. Jon Wilkin (St Helens) 807