Danny Richardson and Regan Grace have been nominated for the Albert Goldthorpe Rookie of the Year award.
The Saints pair are named in an eight-man shortlist which was published in League Express today.
Kriss Brining (Salford Red Devils), Tom Davies & Liam Marshall (Wigan Warriors) Darnell McIntosh (Huddersfield Giants), Danny Walker (Widnes Vikings) and Jack Walker (Leeds Rhinos) are also nominated.
“All Rugby League supporters like to see the emergence of young stars in our sport and we are delighted to encourage the development of young players who are new in Super League by giving a medal whose prestige can be seen from the list of former winners,” League Express editor Martyn Sadler said.
- 2008 Luke Burgess – Leeds Rhinos
- 2009 Sam Tomkins – Wigan Warriors
- 2010 Liam Watts – Hull Kingston Rovers
- 2011 Jermaine McGillvary – Huddersfield Giants
- 2012 John Bateman – Bradford Bulls
- 2013 Tom Lineham – Hull FC
- 2014 Joe Burgess – Wigan Warriors
- 2015 Andre Savelio – St Helens
- 2016 Max Jowitt – Wakefield Trinity