Saints will face NRL Champions the Sydney Roosters in the 2020 Betfred World Club Challenge. The huge matchup will see the two champion teams in Club Rugby League clash at the Totally Wicked Stadium, Saturday 22 February, kick off 7:45pm.
The game will be a meeting of two of the most successful sides of recent seasons with Saints recording their seventh Super league title in 2019, on the heels of back to back League Leader’s Shields, while the Roosters themselves have claimed have back to back NRL Premierships.
The fixture continues a tradition of these two great Clubs meeting on the biggest stage. The Roosters, competing as Eastern Suburbs Roosters, won the inaugural World Club Challenge back in 1976.
They also got the better of the Saints in 2003 with a 38-0 win at Bolton’s Reebok Stadium.
Saints will be looking for their third World Club Challenge title, having lifted the trophy in 2001 and 2007.
The Roosters will be looking for their fifth title having been successful in 1976, 2003, 2014 & 2019.
Saints Head Coach Kristian Woolf said – “We are really excited about the opportunity to face the Roosters in such a prestigious fixture.
“It will be a great challenge for us to test ourselves against the current World Club Champions and we are aiming to stand up and represent Super League and this part of the world in what will be a huge game.”
Roosters Head Coach Trent Robinson added “The World Club Challenge is an important fixture on the rugby league calendar and we’re looking forward to heading to England to compete against St.Helens for the 2020 World Club Challenge title,”
Robert Elstone, Super League Executive Chairman said “Saints dominated our competition in 2019 and we know they will relish the opportunity to test themselves against the best in the NRL.
“I’m already starting to look forward to seeing some of the best rugby league players in the world.
“I know Saints fans will be really excited about hosting the Roosters, and I’m certain all rugby league fans across the UK will want to see the greats of our game going toe to toe.
“Thank you to both clubs for their commitment to the fixture, thank you to the Super League clubs for supporting the event and thank you to Betfred for investing in the 2020 showpiece.”
Tickets will go on sale for the match to Saints 2020 Members at midday today, Tuesday 12 November. Members have until 5pm, Tuesday 10 December to secure their seat or place before General Sale.
2020 Members will also get a discount on the full matchday price if purchased before the 10 December.
Non-members can still purchase tickets in available seats as well as the West Stand at the Totally Wicked Stadium.
Under 5s are free with an Adult Ticket but still need to claim their ticket to gain entry.
Disabled Supporters need to contact the Ticket Office to book their place.
2020 Members can log into their account here, if viewing the ticketing website on a mobile device you will need to rotate it to landscape – you can book your reserved tickets now. They can also call 01744 455052 or visit the Ticket Office at the Totally Wicked Stadium open Mon-Fri 9am-5pm, Sat 10am-4pm.
If any 2020 Members have issues logging into their account please email us at [email protected]
Non-members can also purchase tickets online here.
There is also a selection of VIP Hospitality packages available for the match:
£95 + VAT (Member), £110 + VAT (Non-Member)
- Premium padded match seats in the South Stand close to the half way line.
- Delicious pre-match three-course meal plus a tasting plate with complimentary tea & coffee at half-time.
- Private cash bar.
- Professional & vastly experienced lounge compère – Pete Emmett.
- Pre-match interviews with Saints’ squad players and legends.
- Post-match interview with Saints Man of the Match.
- Complimentary Match Programme for each guest.
- Our Lounge magician, John Holt will visit your table and entertain your group.
- Sky Sports live game will be shown in the Lounge.
- Car Parking (for parties of four or more – subject to availability)
£110 + VAT (Member), £125 + VAT (Non-Member)
- Private Executive box for 10- 14 guests
- Padded seating
- Delicious 2 course pre match meal
- Match day programme for all guests
- Full waitress service
- Half time refreshments
Stapleton Derby Premier Lounge
£60 + VAT (Member), £75 + VAT (Member Guest)
- Great seats plus great entertainment with a complimentary match programme to read before the game.
- Access to a private bar with the opportunity to purchase great value food if you wish.
- A visit from Man of the Match with the room hosted by our Matchday MC, former double Grand Final and World Club Challenge winner – Mike Bennett.
To book or enquire about our VIP Hospitality packages please email [email protected] or call 01744 455053.
You can also book 1873 Lounge package online here.