We have a fantastic opportunity for a motivated and creative Digital Content Producer to join our Media and Marketing department based here at the Totally Wicked Stadium in St Helens.
Job Title: Digital Content Producer [Entry level role]
Reports to: Head of Media and Content
Hours: 35 hours per week – including evening and weekends
Location: Totally Wicked Stadium – St Helens
Overview and Job Purpose:
St Helens R.F.C. are the back-to-back Betfred Super League Champions and current holders of the Betfred Challenge Cup. We have a fantastic opportunity for a motivated and creative Digital Content Producer to join our Media and Marketing department based here at the Totally Wicked Stadium in St Helens.
We need someone who has the passion and drive to join a winning team both on and off the field who can help us create unique and engaging content across all of the Club’s digital and social media platforms to increase followers, drive brand awareness and ultimately grow various aspects of the business including tickets, retail, partners, hospitality and community.
The Content Producer will report directly to the Head of Media and Content and assist with various activities across the Club. Working within a fast-paced environment, the successful candidate will be highly motivated and creative with a flexible approach to working both as part of a successful team, but also independently.
- Work with the Media and Marketing department to film and edit video related content to populate and grow subscriptions across the Club’s paid video-service, ‘Saints TV’ including but not limited to: Match highlights, interviews, press conferences, vodcasts and marketing related content.
- Create and deliver fresh and engaging digital content across all social and web platforms on time and accurately to ultimately drive brand awareness, follower growth and increase revenue across the business.
- Help to manage matchday social media content across the Academy, Scholarship and Women’s sides – this will include evening and weekend work.
- Assist the Head of Media and Content with Club activity
- Film and interview players and coaches across all of the Club’s teams
- Produce written content for the official Club website and matchday E-Programme
- Work closely with the Marketing Manager to deliver marketing campaigns
- Assist with Club partners and sponsorship activations across digital platforms
- Work with the wider team to support and grow business in areas such as ticket sales, retail, hospitality, sponsorships, conferencing and events.
- Identify popular social media trends and influencers to raise the Club’s brand and profile internationally.
- Carrying out other duties and tasks required by the Club where appropriate
Skills & Experience:
- Video production and editing skills including knowledge of: Adobe Suite products, specifically Premier Elements, Photoshop and video equipment.
- Experience of publishing digital content across social media channels
- A passion for being the market leader in digital and social media content
- Able to multi-task and deliver work on time, accurately and to tight deadlines
- Strong writing skills
- Good communication skills and an ability to work with a wide range of stakeholders
- Ability to work as part a team and independently
- Flexibility to work evening and weekends as and when required as part of the role
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Driving Licence to enable travel to and from training ground
- Experience in creating and editing graphics for online and offline
- Publishing to Content Management Systems (CMS) e.g WordPress
- Awareness of emerging social media platforms, apps and trends and audience behaviour
- Media, Marketing or Journalism degree or equivalent relevant experience.
- Media Law knowledge
- Awareness of digital marketing practices
- A passion for sport
Further Information: Due to the nature of the business this is not a typical 9am-5pm role. There is a requirement to work evenings and weekends, around the Club’s fixtures and events. Time off in Lieu will be given.
Salary: Competitive dependent upon experience.
To apply: Please send a CV, covering letter and your salary expectations to: [email protected]
Please also attach any examples/links to your work which you feel would be suitable for this position.
Closing date for applications: 12noon, Friday 3rd September