As part of the Foundation’s policy of serving the local community, SCDF are pleased to support not for profit organisations via the donation of Saints’ tickets.
We recognise the importance of all charities and voluntary organisations and realise that we have a social responsibility to support where possible the fundraising efforts of these organisations.
The Club receives many thousands of requests for signed merchandise each year and, whilst supporting as many charities as possible, are simply unable to assist everyone.
On a national level we are currently working with a number of charities on an on-going programme of activity and we are active supporter of Rugby League Cares.
This season we will also be making contributions to the Benevolent Funds of the RAF, Navy and Army as well as Help For Heroes and the ABF. We also support several projects in Africa and threw our weight behind Sport Relief.
On a local level, within the Merseyside region, we support many community projects within schools, youth groups, amateur sports clubs as well as charities such as CALM for the support of young men. We also make regular donations to Whiston Hospital Children’s ward as part of our Lottery as well as Zoe’s Place, Alder Hey Hospital and Clatterbridge and Macmillan. We are very closely linked to the Steve Prescott Foundation.
If you require a donation then our policy is:
- Under no circumstances will cash donations be considered.
- Memorabilia will only be considered in very special circumstances.
- Donation requests focusing on the development of Rugby League or the support of activities benefiting young people will be given preferential treatment.
- Each organisation is limited to one donation per calendar year (unless otherwise agreed).
- The donations cannot benefit specific individuals or families.
- All donations are subject to club approval and are not guaranteed. If your request is rejected the Club will not enter into long and protracted reasons as to why it has been so.
In order to be considered, ALL donation requests must be submitted in the following manner:
- All requests must be submitted at least four weeks prior to the date of the event.
- All requests must be submitted in writing on your organisation’s letterhead.
All requests should be mailed to Ste Leonard, St.Helens R.F.C., The Totally Wicked Stadium, McManus Way, St Helens, WA9 3AL or via [email protected]